General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
a little more help please :-)
Posted by: efosb
Date: December 24, 2003 09:22PM

Ive been working on my KM all day and Ive managed to have it almost perfect for me funtionality wise. I need a little help from someone who knows more about KM than I do. I also need a little advice on some things relating to KM.

1. the "icons" that are seen in the menus, is there a way to get rid of them?

2. is there a way to get rid of the little green icon at the very top to the left in the title bar? i cant see it anyway cause my screen res is too high so I might as well get rid of it.

3. is there a way to get rid of the "(K-Meleon)" from the title bar?

4. if i ever finish my current mutilation of KM (figure of speech), would it be a problem to distribute a "package" containing the whole package of KM all of its components along with the "mutilations" ive done? do i need permission from the devs? of course i would definatly put a link somewhere were people can download it if wanted. BUT if i do make a package, i need to know a little more about a few things related to installation of KM.

Thats all i can think of right now, if i remember anything else ill post a reply to this post. i do appreciate any help :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: a little more help please :-)
Posted by: Eyes-Only
Date: December 24, 2003 09:52PM

Hi efosb!

Well, I may be able to answer 1 & 2. winking smiley

As a test I went into my default folder and removed menu.bmp and menuicons.cfg and then restarted my browser. Next I checked my menubar dropdowns and all the icons were gone. Since the browser started without errors you could probably simply remove them in this fashion?

This being the case I think you could logically go into the default folder and remove main.ico as this is what puts the icon in the upper left as well. I don't know for sure as I didn't take my tests that far. winking smiley I run off a file in the theme folder and I'd have to start moving a bunch of files around to test that and my time is somewhat limited. Best guess would be to give it a try by removing the file to a temp directory and restarting the browser and see if you get any start-up errors, etc.

As for 3 & 4 I'll have to let someone with more experience with the project answer those ones. winking smiley

Happy motoring!

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"

Posted by: Marc (@box.)
Date: December 24, 2003 10:26PM

1. disable the plugin named "bitmapped menus"

2. the default icon is included in the exe file, but it can be overridden.
Usually a file named main.ico is in the skin folders. If you want to use your own over everything else, you can place the file in your profile folder. This has precedence.

Date: December 24, 2003 10:33PM

For one, thanks again. Ive completed #1. however, i still have the little green icon in the title bar although i followed the instructions :-(

there has been a slight change in plans though. in #3 i was wanting to totally get rid of "(K-Meleon)", now i just want to rename it to "(K-M)" or something along those lines.

Date: December 24, 2003 11:52PM

Well heres some news. as of 7:00pm on December 24 2003, the "package" is ready to ship EXCEPT for the "final touches". I decided that for now i can leave the "(K-Meleon)" in the title bar and the little green icon thing, other people may like it. All i need to know now is if i can upload this package to one of my websites and put a link in the WIKI. Thanks again for your help in this, i couldnt have done it without you.

Posted by: John
Date: December 25, 2003 12:05AM

Not to shabby , still some work in the future to be done tho.

Date: December 26, 2003 12:31AM

bahh, ran into some more problems when trying to make the package :-P

i hate to have to resort to this but im gonna need someone who knows a lot about KM to contact me on yahoo messenger

screen name ----> a99111109112110101114100

i dont know the times i will be online, tonight i will be online till around midnight eastern standard time and the rest of the week ill be online between 11:30pm-midnight

whoever helps with this, thanks :-)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.